Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fire and Rain

Something I forgot to mention in my blog about my good friend dying was the song they played at the funeral. "Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone," from the opening line the tears really just poured out from everyone. The crowd was just a chorus of sniffles and people trying to avoid eye contact. When I heard just those first words it made me remember that sick feeling when I found out the news. I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again
feeling when I found out the news.
This song is about all the bad and good things in his life, the ups and downs we all have, he's had a lot with being in a pysch ward and being super depressed. But the last line of the chorus, I always thought that I'd see you again. Its just so freaking true, you just never think about something that isn't sick as dying, but we all are and we all could. But the second verse is the best.
Won't you look down upon me, Jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way.
I am someone that grew up catholic and am still religious, I still attend church pretty regularly. Its how I think when times are really tough, I pray. When I feel like i have no chance, no choice and its out of my hands I just call upon God for his help. Simply this post isn't to analyze this song, which is now fully associated to his death for me for the rest of my life, but more the impact of music on life. I will continue this post tomorrow, they actually are going to make me work right now, jerks.


Thanks Bung

No comments:

Post a Comment