Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back to Poker

Ok, I admit that I forgot how much I really miss poker, I mean there has to be a reason that I daydream about, read about during my free times, and want to blog about it. So Sunday I drove to harrahs, about a 35 min drive, and they had a big tourney going so the waiting list was huge, not a big deal I went to ameristar for the first time and played some 1-2. I basically just played really standard and pretty tight for the first hour. I don't play out of position unless my hand is really good, and I also don't raise from the button just because I have it. Even though it is 1-2 the standard raise is 10 bucks, and you will get at least 2 callers. Anyways, I played well, control the pot size, didn't really gamble at all. I mean I only bet when I was good, I missed a few spots due to being rusty but I am learning how to extract any extra cash. Luckily, people playing live say I'll pay you off this time and call like 15 on the river with low pair. It's awesome, I mean thanks I love it, please play with me all the time. I ended up winning 260 in about 3 hours, with no big pots to speak of. It's amazing how badly people play, I mean they call 15 bucks with 3d5d first to act. I loved it!!!
On Wednesday, I went back to play at Harrahs, because it gets a lot more business, and it was pretty similiar people. I played really tight again, and in like middle position I had KsQs and made it 7 to go. I got 2 callers, and the loose BB made it 15. 4 of us went to the flop and it was KQ5 rainbow, the blinds check and I make it 20. The button calls and the SB calls. The pot is over 100 now. Next card is a 10 and the SB makes it 40. I am thinking to myself, he fucking has AJ and has a straight, and I thought for a second theres about 150 in the pot, the dealer looks like he is going to call and if I hit a K or Q I will win a like 280 dollar pot. I call, the button calls river is a queen and the sb went all in 60 I go all in 30 more button folds he has a straight and I win the pretty big pot. I played for about 2 and half hours total and won 150 overall. I know that I can player longer sessions, but I really like just winning and once I feel like I am at a certain amount and feel comfortable to leave I do. I am up over 400 in 6 or so hours. I know that I have to be running pretty good, but I also am controlling the pot well so that I am not all in before the river fighting a draw or holding one. I think that is crucial right now. I am really considering making a run at playing this game professionally. Not some baller making tons of money, but a regular guy making a decent living doing something he loves. I have a lot of choices to make.


Thanks, Bungbert

No comments:

Post a Comment